Add the look of falling leaves to your slideshows with our new free set of transition effects made for ProShow 7. Each beautiful cluster of colorful fall leaves glides across the screen to reveal the next slide in your show. The perfect complement to your fall foliage and family photo slideshows. Watch a demo video and download these for free! Available for ProShow Gold 7 and ProShow Producer 7. Continue reading →
We are so excited to share our latest ProShow Theme + FX set with you – a free download for ProShow Gold 7 and ProShow Producer 7! ‘An Affair to Remember’ has a beautiful, throw-back style with rich tones and a cool vintage vibe. Perfect for a wide variety of slideshows including milestone birthdays, anniversaries, family history slideshows, wedding slideshows and more. Tell a life story, celebrate a special event and so much more with this gorgeous new theme.
With Wedding season in full swing, we thought it the perfect time to offer you our new theme and ProShow FX set, suitable for weddings, portraits, basically everything else (it’s that versatile)! Continue reading →
With Halloween right around the corner, we put together this set of fun Halloween-themed transition effects you can use to spruce-up your ProShow slideshows. These transition effects are perfect for your trick-or-treating photos, pumpkin patch photos and other Fall images. Watch the demo below to seem them in action and scroll down to see even more great slideshow effects for your Fall and Halloween slideshows! Continue reading →
Your slideshow’s intro sequence sets the tone for your show and pulls your audience into the story. If you’re making a wedding, engagement, anniversary or portrait slideshow, use an intro slide to create a meaningful opening statement for your show.
We’ve rounded up some great tips and some of our favorite intro FX that will give your ProShow video slideshows instant polish! Check them out below.
Making an Impact with Your Intros
- Add a date to your intro sequence. If you’re making an engagement slideshow, add the upcoming wedding date ‘Anna & Dave – 12-11-14 – Save the Date!’. If it’s a wedding slideshow, the wedding month, day and year is appropriate. If it’s an anniversary show, then add the couple’s anniversary date or consider including the year or milestone anniversary they are celebrating ‘Mary & Chris – Celebrating 30 Wonderful Years’. If it’s a new baby announcement, add the birth date. ‘Introducing – Sara Anne McCormic – 9.10.15’.
- If you’re going to use an image or a sequence of images for your intro frame or slide, be sure and choose wisely. It’s the first thing the audience will see on the screen. Make sure the images convey the overall meaning of your show and gives everyone a glimpse of what’s coming next. There are many Slide Styles and FX that feature multi-image montages with captions that work great for an intro sequence. (See sample 2 below)
- Choose a song with a nice intro sequence so you can match that up with the timing of your intro slide. If a song starts abruptly and there’s no space or ‘breathing room’ before it gets going, that can be a bit jarring when an intro slide plays. This can be helped with a slight fade-in of the audio track, allowing time for the intro sequence to play and move onto the main part of your show.
- Try starting your show with a short quote. A quote can add a meaningful touch and sets the stage for your show. Click here for some of our favorite quotes for slideshows.
- Give your intro sequence enough screen time. This is one of those times where you can linger a little longer so that everyone has a chance to read and take in the beginning of your show.
5 Great Intro FX for Your SlideShows
This round up of instant intro FX are perfect for a wide variety of slideshows.
Badge Title Dark
The Badge Title effect is reminiscent of a classic wax seal but with an updated, contemporary vibe. It’s a great way to display a couple’s initials (use a large script font for best results) or for displaying their names “Anna & Peter”, for example. Works with any background photo. Available in Effects Pack 6.
If you’re wanting to highlight a series of images in your intro sequence, the Block Collage effect works great. Each image fades into place while the caption is displayed on the screen. Works with up to 8 images and comes in a variety of background colors. Available in Style Pack 5.
This Chevron Banner effect makes a great opening slide. Add a little motion to the background image for even more impact. There are several variations that feature the banner centered or to the right or left. Available in Effects Pack 6.
Flourish Title Image Blur
This makes the perfect title slide, especially if you’re looking to include a date along with a couple’s name. The flourish design offers up a classic look and the blurred image background gives your audience just a tiny glimpse of what’s to come in your slideshow. Available in Effects Pack 6.
If you’ve photographed a formal affair or are looking for a dressed-up intro slide, Damask Elegance is a great choice. Add whatever text you’d like (perfect for adding a quote!) and choose your own font to match with the rest of your show. Available as a free download for ProShow.