Looking for a new way to change up your portrait photography sessions? Get some great insight from a couple blogs and browse through some brilliant portrait galleries for inspiration. See what and how the pros do it to achieve their vision. Check out the round up below and start upping your portrait photography game!
Show us your final portrait photos and maybe some behind-the-scenes looks at how you made it all happen in a ProShow slideshow. We have some amazing built-in effects and a collection of 15 effects packs with an even wider variety, including the Portraits Effects Pack.
- Jules Morgan Portrait Photography: Browse through Jules Morgan’s blog to see all her fun portrait photos of family, kids, newborns, couples, and much more. Don’t want to scroll through the blog, she also has a portfolio section full of different portrait albums for easier browsing. Check it out. From the camera and other gear to the setup…you’ll be taking great portrait photos in no time.
- Tori Watson Photography: “Stylish wedding & lifestyle imagery for the sentimentally inclined.” Browse through Tori’s blog full of wonderful inspiration for location settings, photo shoots, and more. There’s a lot to look through and it’ll definitely get your creative juices flowing.
- Professional Portrait Photographer Stefan Tell: Get tons of how-to’s, tutorials, tips and tricks, and much more on Stefan Tell’s blog.
Tips and Tricks
- The Complete Guide to Portrait Photography: 192 Tips: Develop tons of great skills and get some tips and tricks to capture the best portrait photos. “From choosing the right gear and finding the perfect location, to posing the model and adjusting your composition to mastering light and polishing photos in Photoshop. You have to know it all to master portraiture…”
- 10 Ways to Take Stunning Portraits: Some photography rules are more like guidelines. It’s okay to break them and try something new to break out of the monotony of basic portrait images. Check out the first part of 10 tips to add a little something new.
- 10 More Tips for Stunning Portrait Photography: Give your portrait photos another twist with an extra 10 tips. By going down another path it can get those creative juices flowing and result into something great.
- Joe McNally Photography: Award-winning photographer Joe McNally has no limits when it comes to photography. He can be in a calm medical setting or in an adrenaline rushed industrial setting or with athletes and more! Browse through his amazing galleries and learn something new on his blog.
- Joel Grimes Photography: Joel Grimes has an amazing collection of portrait photography galleries. From sports to fashion and more…his passion definitely comes through in his photos. Joel also offers tutorials and workshops or you can browse through his blog for more creative insight.
- Portrayable Photography: Portrayable Photography has some wonderful portrait images of seniors, families, newborns, maternity, and weddings. Scroll through all the albums for some creative inspiration.
Got the Right Tool to Build Your Slideshow?
With all of ProShow’s built-in creative tools like the automated wizard, instant effects, and the royalty-free music library you can make an awesome video slideshow in minutes. Get started with ProShow Gold 9, ProShow Producer 9, or ProShow Web.