Halloween is always a time for fun and creativity. From the costumes to decorations to parties + festivities, and in this case…your Halloween slideshows! Let your creativity shine through in your slideshows by making and adding your own ProShow effect. With a combination of adjustment layers and modifiers this will create a spooky lightning effect in ProShow Producer that’s perfect for those Halloween slideshows.
The result adds a flickering light (similar to a candlelight) at the speed you select to whichever photos + videos you choose. Follow along to 9 easy steps and get started so you can add a little trick-or-treat surprise to your Halloween slideshows.
Create the Effect
- Add a photo to the Slide List and double click to open the Slide Options window.
- In the layers list, click the (+) symbol and choose the option to ‘Add Adjustment Layer’ and choose ‘Solid Color’.
- Use white as your solid color adjustment layer and click OK.
- With your adjustment layer selected, click on the Effects tab.
- On the right side of the screen under the ‘Adjustments’ option, right-click on the White Point slider bar.
- Select the option for ‘Add Modifier’.
- In the Modifier window, click the option for ‘Amount from Function’ and then select ‘Sawtooth Wave’ from the drop down menu.
- Set the frequency to 110hz – 120hz and you should see a green waveform similar to the screenshot below.
- Click OK and preview your slide. You should now have a cool, flickering lightning effect on your photo or video!
NOTE: You can change the pace of the flickering by increasing or decreasing the frequency of the wave (just type in a number between 110hz and 120hz). Repeat these steps for any other slides in your show or turn this into a custom slide style to re-use over and over again.
Watch the FX in Action!
Check out the lightning effect shown at multiple frequencies and many other Halloween related effects that you can include in your slideshows. (Additional effects featured are from StylePack 3, Effects Pack 7, the Halloween + Fall freebie effects set and the Halloween Transitions freebie.)
This slideshow was made in ProShow Producer 9.
Got the Right Tool to Build Your Slideshow?
With all of ProShow’s built-in creative tools like the automated wizard, instant effects, and the royalty-free music library you can make an awesome video slideshow in minutes. Get started with ProShow Gold 9 or ProShow Producer 9.