Love learning new photography skills and techniques? We do too! That’s why we’re listing out our top 10 favorite photography blogs (including the ProShow Blog…of course!) for easier scouting.
Need a tutorial, video, directions, in depth articles, or even quick and easy articles…these blogs have it all. Browse through these 10 blogs and see what sparks your creativity.
- ProShow Blog: Find tons of tutorial videos on how to use ProShow features, get freebie FX sets, find photography tips and projects, and much more. Plus, get photography, business, and marketing tips directly from photographers and watch plenty of fun slideshows from our ProShow fans.
- 500px: 500px is full of helpful articles by professional photographers on a range of topics for everyone and plenty of general photography tutorials to improve your skills or learn something new. You can also browse through a collection of photos for inspiration from a worldwide community.
- Digital Photography School: Take your photography to the next level with DPS. “We offer daily tips, resources and free tutorials that will help you get the most out of your camera and create stunning photos.”
- Lightroom Killer Tips: Even though photography isn’t the main focus…it is still a great resource to learn more about using Lightroom and Photoshop to edit your photos in post processing. These tools make it easy and the blog is full of tips and tricks to make it even easier. Check it out!
- PetaPixel: Get everything you need to know about photography in one place. Petapixel has a variety of posts from education to informational posts in what’s going on in the photography and tech industry.
- Skip Cohen University: Raise the bar on your photography with SCU. It’s loaded with tons advice from recognized professional photographers, businesses, marketing, and amazing content by Skip Cohen. Need help marketing your business, want to see what other photographers do in their business, need content for your blog or advice on your website…SCU has the answers.
- Photofocus: A one-stop-shop with helpful articles for photography + video, Lightroom, Photoshop, business, and much more. This is a site for anyone…from aspiring beginners to professionals who are looking to brush up on their skills.
- Light Stalking: In addition to spreading the word about photographers and their work they also share tons of photography technique posts, tips and advice, guides, and more.
- Expert Photography: “Expert Photography is a tutorial blog packed full of useful information, aimed towards amateur photographers looking for the knowledge they need to improve their skills and become pro.”
- Click it Up a Notch: A fun source that shares more than just photography tips. You can also find tech + camera information, articles about different styles of photography, lighting, editing, manual mode, and a couple of other helpful categories. Easily scroll through to find what you need.
Don’t forget to make a ProShow slideshow of your work. Share with us your favorite style, the progression of your improvement, a theme, or anything else you want.
Got the Right Tool to Build Your Slideshow?
With all of ProShow’s built-in creative tools like the automated wizard, instant effects, and the royalty-free music library you can make an awesome video slideshow in minutes. Get started with ProShow Gold 9 or ProShow Producer 9.