Many of us have a furry companion right by our side and most likely treat them like they are our children or as a part of the family. Pets are known for doing the most random, hilarious, and most unexpected things and I know I definitely love to capture those moments.
Sometimes getting the best/silly photo of your pet takes a lot of patience or sometimes it’s a right place at the right time kind of thing. To help you learn to capture your furry friend(s) in the best light we rounded up some pet blogs, pet photography tips, and gallery posts.
- Dog Breath Photography: Get the best tips on how, when, and where are the best ways to photograph your special furry friend. Kaylee loves to capture the perfect moment of animal happiness so that it’s shared with everyone. Browse through tons of photos on her blog, see her inspiration (a cute doggy), and learn a few tricks along the way.
- Pets We Love Photography: Depth of field, macro, bokeh, action, and so many other photography skills can be used for pet photography. Show off your pet’s personality by catching them smile, jumping, or maybe even zoom in on their face for some fun macro shots. You’ll be inspired by Cynthia Wood’s work with pets.
- Beautiful Beasties: Beautiful Beasties is full of helpful information on pet photography. From pet photography workshops to how-to blog articles to marketing for your business, this site has it all. Browse through to learn something new and get started.
- Hair of the Dog: Here you can sign up to receive tutorials, take online classes, and more. “There is a TON of free content on the blog. In addition, I work with motivated photographers that are determined to make their business a success through online courses and workshops.” See what all you can do to improve your pet photography.
- Barkography: Browse through Kim’s beautiful photos of pets for some inspiration. Do you also love to travel? Sign up for one of her retreats that are all about dogs, photography, and travel. You can also see more of her work and other tips on her blog.
- Westway Studio: Terran’s love of animals shines through in each of her photos. Scroll through her gallery and see how beautifully she captures each and every pet…you won’t want to stop looking. She also has a blog with articles dedicated to specific pet photo shoots. Check it out!
- 10 Tips for Awesome Pet Photos: It’s always good to know the basics. Take a quick look through this list of tips and tricks on how to get a great photo of your pet. Pets are unpredictable so it’s always nice to be prepared.
- 9 Pet Photography Tips: Here is another few tips to get the most out of your pet photo session. Taking photos of your pet is just another fun bonding activity to do with them as well as letting your creativity run free.
- How to Master Dog Photography: Master the art of dog photography with these 15 tips. Put your pets in their comfort zone and also be sure to reward them for their great behavior and patience while you snap photos of them. Pets can be pretty unpredictable so be prepared, get down to their eye level, because once the moment’s gone you won’t know when it’ll be back.
- Allison Shamrell Pet Photography: “I capture the personalities of dogs and cats of all sizes & temperaments. My photography style is natural, playful & soulful. You might even find an insight or two into the behind-the-scenes side of my business on my blog.” Browse through Allison’s pet photos for inspiration to get started on your own pet photography projects.
Make a Slideshow!
Showcase all your pet photos by making a ProShow slideshow. You never know when you might need a laugh, and a slideshow with all the photos together right at your fingertips will definitely do the trick.
Be sure to include some of our fun pet effects like the ‘Pawsitively Purrfect‘ set of styles or some of our pet themed image layers from an assortment of elements in our ‘Scrapbook Creative Kit‘ for ProShow 8.
Submit your pet photography slideshows to be considered for a spotlighted show on our blog.
Select the blog submission option.