Facebook has rolled out two great new features for page owners that offer you more ways to showcase your videos to clients.
The two new features are:
- Featured Videos
- Video Playlists
A Featured Video is a video you select to feature on your Facebook page. It will appear in an extra large format on top of the video section and will appear on the front of your Facebook page, under the ‘About’ section. You can see an example of this on the Photodex facebook page. Video Playlists allow you to create custom playlists of videos you’ve uploaded to Facebook.
To access these new features follow the steps below.
- Click on the video link on your Facebook page.
- Then click the button to add a featured video.
- You’ll be able to choose from all the videos you’ve uploaded to Facebook to use as your Featured Video.
- To change the featured video, click the edit button and select a new one.
- Below the featured video settings you’ll see a second option to add a playlist.
- Click that button to create a new playlist. You can add a description and choose which videos to add to your playlist.
These new video features are incredibly useful if you use video slideshows on Facebook to promote your business. For example, set your featured video to be one of your latest and greatest video slideshows and create playlists for the different types of products or services you offer. Make a wedding photography playlist, high school seniors playlist, family portraits playlist, etc..
Have you checked out the new Featured Video and Video Playlist features for your page yet? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below.