ProShow’s Wizard feature is an easy way to make a quick slideshow of your photos and videos without having to manually apply slide styles and transitions. Just insert your photos, titles, videos and music, then pick a theme and ProShow will do the rest. The resultant slideshow may need a few tweaks here and there before you’re finished, but in almost all cases you’ll end up saving yourself a lot of time.
Still, some users prefer to start from scratch and build their show by inserting an image, applying an effect and repeating the process until finished. There are several reasons for this. Perhaps they have a show that is precisely timed to the beat of their music tracks. Often times, however, they find that the Wizard doesn’t apply the effects that they prefer to use the most frequently.
Creating a Custom Wizard Theme
- First load a show that you’ve already created, preferably one that contains slide styles and transitions that you use frequently.
- Go to the Tools menu at the top of ProShow and click Manage Effects.
- In the Effects window click on the “Themes” tab at the top right.
- Click the Create button at the bottom of the window
- In the “Create a New Theme” window, give it a name and check the box “Use the effects in the current show”. Click OK.
- In the Edit Theme window, you can further refine your theme by adding/removing certain effects according to your taste. Otherwise, just press Apply and your theme will be created.
Note: Your theme might need to be augmented with slide styles from the “Captions & Titles” category if the show you used as your basis did not include any caption styles. Failure to do so may mean that your Wizard theme may not apply styles to captions. Likewise, you’ll want to make sure your theme has styles appropriate for landscape, portrait and square images, since many styles are applied according to image orientation.
Using Your New Theme In The Wizard
After you’ve created a new theme, you can now use it when you start a new show in the Wizard. Just go to File > New Show from Wizard, then follow the steps with adding your images/videos, titles, and music. On “Step 3: Theme”, choose the new theme you created above. Click Next and ProShow will work its magic.
Even if you don’t use the Wizard to start your shows, you can always select a handful of slides in your current show and use the “Remix” feature to automatically apply styles and transitions based on your custom theme. To this, select a group of slides (click on the first slide, then hold the shift key and click on the last slide) and choose “Remix Selected Slides with Wizard” from the Slide menu.
Hopefully this quick tip will help you create slideshows in your own personal style without having to start your show from scratch and orchestrate every detail. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below.