Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and such a fun time of year. With all the effort that goes into costumes and decorations, making sure you capture great photos of all the festivities is key! Below are some helpful tips for taking great Halloween photos and how to put them together in a fun and memorable video slideshow that you can share with friends and family. Happy Halloween!
1. Taking Great Halloween Photos
Since most Halloween activities happen at night, you’re faced with a lot of low-light situations. With a few tweaks to your set up, you can get great photos in any low light setting. Check out the links below for some really helpful tips for capturing great Halloween photos. And don’t forget the video button! A few short videos of the kids trick-or-treating will be a perfect addition to your Halloween slideshows.
- Simple Tips for Better Halloween Photos
- Get Better Photos in Low Light
- How to Take Spooky Halloween Photos
- 5 Tips for Taking Better Halloween Photos
2. Halloween Slideshow Music
As a slideshow creator, you know your soundtrack can make or break your entire production! Make sure you pick a song that’s perfect for the mood you’re trying to create. Check out our round-up of Halloween songs for slideshows. There’s something for everyone including our top picks and great royalty-free options.
3. Halloween Slideshow Effects
Halloween is one of those times where I think it’s OK to go a little over board on special effects. A few flying bats and spider web transitions add a ton of fun to your slideshows. Be sure and download all of our free Halloween and Fall slideshow effects for ProShow.
- Free Halloween Transitions for ProShow: Includes a flying bat transition, spider web transition and a scary jack-o-lantern transition. Perfect for your trick-or-treating photos!
- Free Halloween and Rustic Autumn Slide Styles for ProShow: This set of slide styles offers several framed border slide styles complete with cobwebs and flying ghosts. You’ll also love the Rustic Autumn slide styles that are perfect for your pumpkin patch photos.
4. Outputting Your Halloween Slideshow
Once you’re done creating your show, you’ll need to decide how you want to share it with your friends, family and co-workers ProShow slideshow software outputs to pretty much any format you can think of, so burning a DVD, posting on Facebook or Youtube, uploading to your iPad or iPhone is all easy and totally do-able.
Got the right tool to build your slideshow?
Planning to make your Halloween slideshow? With ProShow, it literally takes just minutes to make a beautiful video slideshow using the automated wizard and instant effects. Upgrade or download a free trial of ProShow 6 today!