Using a combination of adjustment layers and modifiers, you can create a realistic ‘lightning’ effect in ProShow Producer that’s perfect for your Halloween shows! The effect can be used to cast a flickering light on any photo or video in your slideshow — perfect for simulating lightning or spooky candlelight. Follow the steps below to set this up in your own show.
- Add a photo to the Slide List and double-click to open the Slide Options dialog.
- In the layers list, click the (+) symbol and choose the option to ‘Add Adjustment Layer’ and choose ‘Solid Color’.
- Use white as your solid color adjustment layer and click OK.
- With your adjustment layer selected, click on the Effects tab.
- On the right side of the screen under the ‘Adjustments’ options, right-click on the White Point slider bar.
- Select the option for ‘Add Modifier’.
- In the Modifier dialog, click the option for ‘Amount from Function’ and then select ‘Sawtooth Wave’ from the drop down box.
- Set the Frequency to 110hz to 120hz and you should see a green waveform similar to the screenshot below.
- Click OK and preview your slide. You should have a cool, flickering lightning effect on your photo!
You can change the pace of the flickering by increasing or decreasing the frequency of the wave (just type in a number higher or lower than the 120hz). Repeat these steps for any other slides in your show or turn this into a custom slide style to re-use again and again.