A behind the scenes video gives potential clients a glimpse of what it would be like to work with you. It’s a great way to show off your style, personality and a collection of your best shots. Here are some helpful tips on how to create your own behind the scenes video.
On your next shoot, have someone come along and capture some photos and video clips of you in-action with a client. Then assemble those scenes along with a collection of your best shots in a dynamic video slideshow to create your own behind the scenes video.
Shots to include in your behind the scenes video:
- Setting up a scene, adjusting a veil or re-positioning a prop
- Posing a couple, model or family
- Short video of customers laughing, enjoying the experience
- Different angles of you photographing clients
- Bride or model getting make up or hair done
- Video testimonial from client, why they love working with you
- Reaction shots of you and clients
- Your gear behind the scenes, backdrops, reflectors, assistants, etc…
- Interview-style video of you – why you love being a photographer
Using this content, assemble a video slideshow that tells the story of what it’s like to work with you. Try interspersing a few video clips here and there between still shots to give your video a documentary-style vibe. Include video testimonials from clients but remember to keep them relatively short and focused. Choose music that helps define your style and keeps viewers interested.
Your behind the scenes video should make potential clients feel like they are getting to know you before you even meet face-to-face for the first time. Remember to share your video on Facebook, YouTube and your blog to get as many views as possible.
Looking For Some Inspiration?
Here’s a collection of behind the scenes videos from around the web!