Using stock video clips in your ProShow slideshows can add energy and creative polish to your productions. Stock video clips are often used in slideshows as moving backgrounds for text and titles (works especially well when the video doesn’t draw too much attention to itself — for instance, a nighttime city scene with blurred lights). Video clips can also be used cleverly as animated layer masks, or to sub-in for short bits of supplemental footage you wish you had recorded while you were shooting the photos in your show (e.g. close-ups of holding hands, drifting clouds, wind blowing through trees, sunrise, etc.).
It can be tricky to find quality sources for video footage at reasonable prices, so we’ve done the legwork for you and rounded up 5 great sites that offer affordable royalty-free, stock video footage available to purchase and download.
- Video Hive: Simple and abstract clips starting at just $4.
- Digital Juice: A huge library of abstract video clips and much more.
- Shutterstock: High-quality footage shot by pros. Great source for time lapse scenes.
- Istockphoto Video: Tons of options, prices vary depending on artist.
- Choice Slides: Great video backgrounds and ProShow effects too!
Know of any other great sources? Let us know in the comments below!