Have you ever wanted to create a background image using a cool pattern you found online? This can be done by creating a seamless pattern background in Photoshop. It’s easy to do and your finished image will make a great backdrop for your ProShow slideshows.
The basic steps in Adobe® Photoshop (and Photoshop Elements) are:
- Select an image to use as your background pattern. (Seamless / tileable images work best). You can find a ton of free options on the Patterrific site.
- Open the image in Photoshop.
- Under the Edit menu > select ‘Define Pattern’.
- Give the pattern a name and click OK. This will add it to your Pattern palette.
- Now, you’re ready to apply the pattern whenever you’d like.
- Create a new blank document and set the size to 1920 x 1080 pixels. This is the ideal size for a high res slideshow background.
- To fill your canvas with a pattern, select in the Layer menu > New Fill Layer > Pattern. Once you give the layer a name, click OK and select the pattern options (you should see options to select the pattern image and scale).
- Hint: An even faster way to do this is to go to the Layers palette and at the bottom, click on the half-filled circle icon for (Adjustment / Fill Layers). Select Pattern and choose your options like before.
Voila! You’ll have a beautiful patterned background to use in any of your ProShow slideshows.