Legendary jewelry company, Tiffany’s, recently produced a series of documentary-style engagement videos for their site whatmakestruelove.com. Each video features a unique couple and tells the story of how they met, fell in love and proposed. Click the graphic above to watch one of the videos.
The videos are essentially photo slideshows when you break them down – still images using a simple dissolve transition and a voiceover of the couple talking in the background.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for creating a similar video yourself in ProShow.
- Drag and drop your photos into the slide list and place them in the order you’d like them to appear.
- You’ll need to have a recording of the couple talking for the slideshow. Make sure you ask them to introduce themselves, talk about how they met and how the proposal happened. Everyone has such a unique story!
- Locate the audio recording on your computer and drag and drop it underneath the photos on the slide list. This will serve as the soundtrack for your slideshow.
- Keep the motion effects to a minimum and make sure all your photos are black and white. This helps add to the documentary-style feel of the video.
- The transitions used in the videos are a slow dip to black. ProShow has this type of transition effect built in. Just click the transition between each photo and select the Basic category, then the ‘Dissolve – Dip to Black’ transition.
That pretty much does it. You’ll probably want to tweak the length of time each photo is on the screen. I settled for about 10-12 seconds for each photo. The final product is a really cool documentary style love story that any couple would love to have. Using ProShow, post it to Facebook and tag the couple in the video or post it on your blog and website.