Have a son or daughter, friend or loved one graduating soon? Creating a graduation slideshow is a great surprise and fun way to showcase photos from their childhood and growing up into the adult and graduate they’ve become! Here’s what you need to get started!
- Gather old photos and video clips to include in your slideshow. Scour old hard drives or memory cards or bust out the shoebox or baby album and get scanning. You’ll want a great representation of birth to present time to showcase in the slideshow.
- Import your photos into slideshow software to create your show. You’ll want to choose a slideshow tool that’s easy to use and gives you the flexibility to output to multiple formats. ProShow is an excellent tool for creating slideshows for any occasion and you can download a free trial if you don’t already own the software.
- Create your slideshow. With ProShow, you can quickly get started by using the built-in wizard. Just click through the steps to add your photos and any video clips you have, import a soundtrack, add effects and you’re done! Go back and add fun title slides or captions to any photo, great for including a year to time-stamp a photo or including the names of the people in the photos.
- Decide how you’d like to output your slideshow. DVD for playing back in the living room, MPEG for playing back on a laptop or to project during a dinner or event, you may even want to output to YouTube or Facebook so friends and family from far away can enjoy the slideshow you’ve put together. ProShow outputs to over 40 formats including DVD, CD, MPEG video, Facebook, YouTube and more. So, any way you’d like to playback your graduation slideshow, you’ll be able to.
- Never under estimate the power of a graduation slideshow. You’ve created a special keepsake and touching tribute for your graduate that everyone will love watching. Photos from the past are always fun to look back at. With the addition of a touching song and ken burns style pans and zooms, you’ve got a recipe for success! (just don’t forget to bring the box of tissues – there won’t be a dry eye in the room!)
Download a free trial of ProShow to start creating a graduation slideshow today.