While recently attending the WPPI trade show, I spoke to several ProShow users who wanted a quick and easy way to share a YouTube slideshow with a client, without the rest of the world having access to view it.
YouTube actually allows you to upload a video and mark it as ‘Unlisted’. Only people who know the link to the video can view it. The video will not appear in any of YouTube’s public spaces, such as search results, your channel, or the browse page, but the link can be shared with anyone. This is a great way to allow someone to view a slideshow via YouTube and keep it private.
It’s easy to set up, here’s how to do it!
- Create your video slideshow in ProShow and choose the option to output to YouTube.
- Publish to YouTube like normal and wait for your video to appear as processing on your YouTube channel.
- On YouTube, go to your Video Manager dialog. Then, click the Edit button under the video you’d like to make unlisted.
- On the left side of the screen you’ll see options for ‘Privacy’. Click the option to make your video ‘Unlisted’ and make sure to copy and paste the private URL that’s generated for you by YouTube.
- Hit ‘Save Changes’ in the top right of the screen and you’re done!
- Now, copy and paste that URL to email and share with a client, friend or family member. The video will between just you and your viewer!