Tiffany’s recently released a website called the Guide to Love and Romance. It features a lovely collection of stories of how couples met, fell in love and proposed. Watch the videos and you’ll see their unique technique of storytelling.
The videos they’ve created are essentially slideshows when you break them down – still images using a simple dissolve transition and a voiceover of the couple talking in the background. The documentary-style effect makes you feel like you’re really getting to know each couple and hear their story.
We broke down exactly how they created these videos, here’s how to do it yourself in ProShow.
- Drag and drop your photos into the slide list and place them in the order you’d like them to appear.
- You’ll need to have a recording of the couple talking for the slideshow. Make sure you ask them to introduce themselves, talk about how they met and how the proposal happened. Everyone has such a unique story!
- Locate the audio recording on your computer and drag and drop it underneath the photos on the slide list. This will serve as the soundtrack for your slideshow.
- You’ll notice there is no motion on the images in the Tiffany’s videos, the photos are also all black and white. This helps add to the documentary-style feel of the shows. Keep your show simple with black and white images and no motion effects.
- The transitions used in the videos are a slow dip to black. ProShow has this type of transition effect built in. Just click the transition between each photo and select the Basic category, then the ‘Dissolve – Dip to Black’ transition.
That pretty much does it. You’ll probably want to tweak the length of time each photo is on the screen. I settled for about 4-5 seconds for each photo. The final product is a really cool documentary style love story that any couple would love to have. Using ProShow, post it to Facebook and tag the couple in the video. It will get it seen by tons of their friends and family, hopefully getting you a new client or two!