ProShow Producer allows you to add a watermark to your slideshows. Watch our quick step-by-step video and learn how it works. Using a watermark is a great way to promote your brand or business, as well as protect your work. Continue reading →
Are you making video slideshows to sell to clients or promote your business?
If so, consider taking advantage of the built-in watermark feature available in both ProShow Producer and ProShow Web. Watermarks are an excellent way to advertise your business for free and build brand awareness.
Let’s look at 3 ways adding watermarks to your video slideshows can help you promote your business.
1. Protect Your Work, Without Distracting Attention Away from your Images and Video
If you do a search for “should I watermark my images” you’ll see that current pro-photography trends lean toward NOT adding a watermark to your photos. The primary reason given is that you want people to look at your images, not your logo. It’s a very valid point, but one that you can easily overcome when making a video slideshow.
For example, instead of posting a notice all over a photo like this:
You can add a simple, non-distracting watermark that shows off your untouched images, while also adding your logo to your video.
This let’s your audience enjoy your imagery as well as demonstrate proper ownership. If you end up selling a video to a client, one click removes the watermark from your entire show and you can publish a watermark-free version for your clients to enjoy.
2. Create Brand Awareness
Once your videos are presented to a client or posted online, they will be seen and shared by countless others, many of which are being introduced to your work for the very first time. Adding a watermark to your shows gives your brand extra exposure, and lets viewers know who you are and how to find you.
You never know which video will go viral next, so be prepared in case it’s one of yours!
3. Stand Out From the Crowd Using a Professional Finishing Touch
Every day, people spend tons of time online watching funny cat videos and “backyard bloopers “. Most of which are poor quality, shaky-cam, windy-sound videos.
When you add finishing touches like watermarks to your videos, it makes your work look more professional and more valuable. It’s these kinds of subtle extras, that will clearly differentiate your valuable skills and services from the rest of the pack, and help steer potential customers your way.
Making a video for a client or to promote your business? ProShow Web is not only a great tool for making videos slideshows, but it also lets you easily upload your logo and use it as a watermark throughout your show.
Under the Settings dialog, go to the Watermark section and upload your logo in either jpeg or png format. It will automatically appear semi-transparent in the bottom right of your show when your video is being played back.
It’s a simple way to add your logo to your slideshow and adds an extra level of protection when sharing your videos online. Watermarking is a feature available to Premium ProShow Web subscribers.
Adding a watermark across your photo + video slideshows is a great way to add an extra level of protection to your images when sharing them online. Check out these tips for adding watermarks to your ProShow Producer slideshows.
- In Producer, a watermark is a single image added as an overlay throughout the entirety of your slideshow. It will appear on each slide you have in your show in the same position, and with the same settings that you specify for it.
- We recommend using a PNG image file as your watermark. PNG files display transparent portions of your image, so when added to your slideshow just the logo or shape of your watermark shows up, not the background. Learn how to create a PNG image with a transparent background here >>
- To add a watermark to your slideshow in ProShow Producer, go to the Publish workspace and click the Watermark button in the top toolbar. In the top right corner of the dialog, click the browse button to upload your PNG watermark file. Your watermark will now be applied to all slides in your show. (Click here to watch a step-by-step video that shows you how to add a watermark to your slideshow.)
- Once you’ve added a watermark you can configure the appearance of it by dragging or using your mouse wheel in the Preview pane, or by changing the options found in the Position and Size, Adjustments and Editing Tools panes.
- Do you have a particular slide you don’t want the watermark to show up on? (Maybe the title slide or credits slide.) Double-click on the slide you’d like to remove the watermark from, then click on ‘Slide [#] Settings’ in the top left corner to access the Slide Settings tab. In the bottom left of the dialog click the check box next to ‘Hide Watermark’ and it will be hidden from just that slide in your show.
Do you use watermarks in your slideshows? We want to hear from you!
If you’re looking for a way to add some subtle branding your slideshows, consider adding a watermark.
A watermark is simply an image that appears on every slide in your show. Typically this will be a logo or some other form of identifying mark. For example, you’ll often see a network logo appear as a watermark in the lower left or lower right corner of the screen when watching TV.
If you share your slideshows on Facebook, Vimeo or YouTube with clients, adding a semi-transparent watermark can be a subtle way of including your logo, without distracting from the show itself. Learn how to do this in the video below using ProShow Producer slideshow software.