One of the new features in ProShow Gold 6 and ProShow Producer 6 is the ability to add Volume Control Points to your soundtrack. This allows you to independently control your soundtrack volume levels during specific parts of your show (e.g. during video clips, voiceovers, dramatic scenes, etc).
Mixing your soundtrack with videos, voiceovers and other sounds is a total breeze and gives you so much more freedom when editing your audio. Now you can:
- Control the volume of your soundtrack during videos independently by adding independent volume points for every video in your show
- Control the volume of your soundtrack during slide sounds independently. Similar to videos, you can add a custom volume point for every slide sound in your show
- Control volume levels anywhere on your soundtrack, even between a transition.
How to Add a Volume Control Point
- In the Timeline View (hit TAB on your keyboard to switch from Slide List to Timeline View), select a track for editing.
- Locate where you’d like to add a new point and right-click on the track
- From the right-click menu that appears, select Add Volume Point or press the ALT key on your keyboard as you left-click on the waveform to add your volume point.
Once added, click and drag the Volume Point left or right to adjust where the volume change will occur. As you move the point, a tool tip will appear that shows you the exact time and volume for each control point.