Looking for a way to spruce-up your Facebook timeline cover art? We’ve put together a couple great templates for photo lovers! Just download and insert your own photos, then upload to Facebook and use as your timeline cover art. See examples of the templates and download them below!
Template 1: Click to download >
Template 2: Click to download >
How to Use the Templates:
- To add your own photos to the frames provided in the PSD templates, either ‘Place’ or ‘Paste’ your image in the appropriate Layer Group that corresponds with the photo frame you are filling.
- Next, make sure your photo layer is arranged directly above the layer named ‘photo clipping mask…’ in the Layers palette.
- In the Layers palette, right-click on your photo layer and select ‘Create Clipping Mask‘.
- Your photo should now appear contained within the boundaries of the clipping mask. (Tip: If you cannot see your photo, it is probably hidden beyond the boundaries of the frame opening. If this is the case, using the Move tool, click and drag your cursor around the canvas to ‘fish out’ the hidden photo).
- Once you’ve activated the clipping mask, you can move and/or resize your photo until it is composed within the frame to your liking.
- When your cover art is ready to be saved, you’ll need to crop it. Your final cover art file should be cropped to 851 x 315 pixels. The dotted line in the template indicates the crop area.
- When done, turn off/hide the layer group called ‘guides…’ and save your file as a JPG.
Click here for additional info on using clipping masks in Adobe® Photoshop